2016 CHAMPIONSHIP WEEKEND SPECIAL RULES
HOME TEAM 1st BASE DUGOUT
VISITOR 3rd BASE DUGOUT
1) The tournament director may limit games lengths & impose time restrictions as necessary to keep all games on or near scheduled times.
POSTPONEMENTS FOR WEATHER, DARKNESS, LIGHTS TIMING OUT, & ALLOTED TIME.
If at the time of postponement the game is not a legal game based on innings played, the game will be made up at a later time from the exact point of the postponement regardless of innings played.
If at the time of postponement the game is a legal game based on innings played and the teams have not had an equal number of completed terms at bat, the score shall be the same as it was at the end of the last completed inning, except that if the home team in its half of the incomplete inning scores a run(s) which equal or exceed the visitor score, the final score shall be recorded when the game is called.
2) No new inning after 2 hours if continuation of a new inning effects the start time of the following scheduled game. If tied in extra innings, game may be postponed and finished at a later scheduled time if continuation of the game significantly effects the start time of the next scheduled game. NOTE: At the discretion of the tournament director’s opinion, there is not an opportunity to finish an extra inning tie game within the schedule, the game would be decided by a coin flip.
3) SQUIRTS 3 ARE LIMITED TO 2 INNINGS PER GAME AND 6 INNINGS DURING THE
MINORS 4/5 PITCHERS ARE LIMITED TO 6 INNINGS DURING THE TOURNAMENT, WITH NO MORE THAN 3 PER GAME.
MAJORS, PITCHERS ARE LIMITED TO 8 INNINGS PER WEEKEND, 4 PER GAME. There are CURVE balls allowed at this level.
MAJORS PARTICIPATION RULE, In addition to the regular season rules for minimum innings of participation, Majors rules will require each player to be scheduled to play 1 (one) inning of each game in an infield position, as well as 1 (one) inning in an outfield position. Catcher and pitcher positions count toward infield participation. There is no maximum innings a player can play a particular position unless imposed by special rule by their respective governing association. Possible infractions must be pointed out prior to the end of the game, and the result is that the coach must make adjustments in the final inning to accommodate the rule. NO PROTESTS OF THIS RULE WILL BE ALLOWED AFTER THE GAME IS OVER.
PONY AND SENIORS PITCHERS ARE LIMITED TO 8 INNINGS PER WEEKEND, 4 PER GAME.
ALL teams must submit your innings pitched per player to the field announcer at the end of the game and have this information available at the Championship Game.
4) Coaches should have defensive players including the catcher ready after batting. Pitchers are limited to 5 warm-ups to start an inning, or 8 pitches if they are a new pitcher. YOU MUST MOVE THESE GAMES ALONG in order to stay on schedule.
5) There will be no continuous batting. Batting order will start over each game at coaches discretion.
Players & coaches will be announced 10 minutes prior to your scheduled game. They will be called by batting order by the PA announcer, and lineup along the foul line. Once both teams are introduced, the national anthem will be played. The games 1st pitch should be thrown at or before your scheduled time. Have your line-up, players name & number, & starting position written down on a separate sheet to give to the announcer before arriving at the game.
During trophy games, the receiving team will get the trophy at the end of the game after getting announced by name by the PA announcer. Both teams should be lined up on the foul line, the receiving player shakes hands with an opponent player, then receives his trophy at the pitchers mound.
In the event of rain or other circumstances causing game delays, games may be moved off-site, shortened in length, or moved to another day. Any re-scheduled games will be posted on the BAC web page.